Sunday, March 15, 2009

Amenimake ama samo

This post is going to be just pictures. I'm still sorting through the weekend-it was a ton of fun, and I did a lot of different things. The pictures are from the orphanage (mother's love) my host mom runs on weekends. Its always a great time-the kids are crazy fun to hang around with. I start work tomorrow-classes are officially over. Look for lots and lots of pictures from Kibera in the next few days.

Also, in case you care-preview of the forthcoming blogpost-
1. More details about the research I'm doing on cell phone potential for grass roots outreach and human rights protection
2. More on tribe, ethnicity, etc.
3. A book recently came out called its our turn to eat, about the corruption in the Kenyan gov't-apparently its de facto banned in the country, and I've been trying to get my hands on it.
4.General details about working in Kibera.
5. Learning Sheng







1 comment:

Lee said...

I set the one of the kid running as the design desktop background.

You now share ranks with banksy and previously the Miss Universe contestants.

Feel honored.

p.s. I bought some marashino (sp?) cherries the other day for drinks because of you. Less than three my friend.